1. Acquisition of Personal Information
Personal information refers to information on individuals and is information that can identify specific individuals through names, birth dates and other descriptions contained in the said information.
2. Use of Personal Information
Starline Inc. (hereinafter “this Company”) shall use personal information within the range necessary to achieve the purposes of use below. This Company shall only use personal information for a purpose not established below after obtaining the consent of the individual in question in advance.
- Individual verification and authentication services
- After-sales services and complaint handling
- Inquiry handling
- Notifications of matters important in the management of these services (including notifications by e-mail)
- Publication of information posted by users
- System maintenance and defect support
- Improvement of the services of the Company
- Other purposes established separately for each service of the Company
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
This Company may provide personal information to third parties in the cases established below.
- When the Company has the consent of the individual in question
- When disclosure of personal information is sought by a court, a public prosecutor’s office, the police, a tax office, a bar association or an organization with authority equivalent to those
- When making a disclosure to an insurance company for an insurance claim
- When outsourcing part or all of the business performed by the Company to a third party
- When making a disclosure to a party that has an obligation with the Company to maintain confidentiality
- When necessary to exercise the rights of the Company
- When making a disclosure to a party that will take over operations in the event operations are taken over due to a merger, transfer of business or other reason
- When permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws
4. Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
In the event a request for disclosure of one’s personal information is made by the individual in question, the Company shall make a prompt disclosure. The Company shall not make a disclosure in the event it is not possible to verify that the person making the request is the individual in question at that time. In the event there is an error in the content of the personal information or in the event there is a request for a correction, addition or deletion from the individual in question, the Company shall promptly respond to such requests after performing an investigation. The Company shall not respond to such requests in the event it is not possible to verify that the person making the request is the individual in question at that time. If you have any of the aforementioned requests or inquiries about the Company’s handling of personal information, please use the information below to contact us.
- Contact Information
- Inside Local Japan Office
5. Changes to This Policy
The contents of this policy are subject to change. This policy after it has been changed shall take effect once it is posted on this site unless otherwise specified by the Company.